a. To disassemble the basic assembly, proceed as follows:
(5) Remove filter (20) from front assembly.
(1) Remove 20 screws (5) from rear cover (6).
(2) Remove rear cover.
washers (14) from terminal cover (11), and remove terminal
(7) Mark and disconnect wires attached to filter.
Wires are connected to front cover via filter
c. To disassemble pulser assembly Al proceed as follows
(20) and fan (10). Do not force cover as damage
(item numbers below refer to figure 3-3 sheets 1 and 2
to wire or connections may result.
unless otherwise indicated):
(1) Mark and disconnect wires to inductors L2-L10
(3) Remove 12 screws (5) and 8 screws (19) from front
(2) Remove 9 screws (24) from pulser chassis.
(4) Remove 6 screws (5) from top of inverter.
(3) Mark (schematic reference designation) and remove
(5) Remove 6 screws (21) from bottom of inverter.
(4) Mark and disconnect the cable from the capacitor
Wires are connected from the pulser assembly
(5) Remove 6 screws (19) from pulser chassis.
to the inverter assembly. Caution must be
(6) Remove capacitor assembly.
taken not to break them when separating the
(6) Separate pulser assembly (2) from inverter assembly
The following portion of this procedure is to
(7) Remove front cover.
disassemble transistors Q1-Q14 (3, 4, and 5, fig.
(8) Remove side covers (1 and 7) by gently prying
3-3). Instructions will be given to disassemble
outward at one corner of the cover.
one transistor. If more than one transistor is to
(9) Mark and disconnect cable terminations at L1-1
be removed, repeat this procedure for each
and L1-2 by removing one screw (4) and one nut (3) for
b. To disassemble front cover assembly, proceed as
(7) Mark and disconnect wires that attach the base
and emitter of the transistor being removed, to the circuit
(1) Remove 4 screws (12), lock washer (15) and flat
washers (16) from front cover assembly (17).
(8) Remove the two nuts (14) on the outside of the
(2) Remove fan (10) from front cover assembly.
(9) Remove transistor from the chassis (11).
(3) Mark and disconnect wires attached to fan.
(10) Remove the transistor insulator (15 or 25) from
(4) Remove 8 screws (18) and lock washers (13) from
front cover assembly.