INSTALLATION AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. INSTALLATION
(2) Check to see that the equipment is
2-1. Packaging Data
complete as listed on the packing slip. If a packing slip
When packaged for shipment, the power supply is
is not available, check the equipment against the chart in
packed as follows:
with TM 38-750. Shortage of a minor assembly or part
a. The power supply is fastened to a plywood
that does not affect proper functioning of the equipment
sheet by bolts and nuts at each corner.
should not prevent use of the equipment.
b. The ac and dc. power cords are placed in a
sealed plastic bag and packed behind the power supply.
c. The power supply, technical manual, and cords
are placed in the fiberboard box and enclosed by a
d. A top pad is placed over the equipment, then the
two sealed bags are placed on the pad.
e. The box is now closed and taped at all four
2-2. Unpacking and Checking
To unpack the power supply
(1) Cut the tape sealing the top of the
fiberboard box and fold back the flaps.
(2) Remove the manual bag.
(3) Remove the top pad.
(4) Lift out the ac and de power cords.
(5) Cut the tape at the four corners of the box
and fold back each side of the box until the four
fastening bolts are accessible.
(6) Remove the sleeve from the power
(7) Remove the nuts and bolts that secure the
power supply to the plywood.
(8) Lift the power supply off the plywood and
place it in an area for easy checking.
(1) Inspect the equipment for damage
incurred during shipment. If the equipment has been
Figure 2-1. Power Supply PP-6224/ U, typical