(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find
Materiel Readiness Command, ATTN: DRSELMM,
the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
Fort Monmouth, New Jersey 07703 for the part re-
quired to support your equipment.
b. When National stock number or part number is
5. How to Locate Repair Parts
a. When National stock number or part number is
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent
National stock number or part number. This index is
in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine
in alphameric sequence, cross-referenced to the il-
the functional group within which the item belongs.
lustration figure number and item number.
This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for
functional groups and listings are divided into the
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item
number, locate the figure and item number in the
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
repair parts list.
functional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration
and note the illustration figure and item number of
(Next printed page is 4.1.)