(4) Remove the bolts that hold the trans-
(2) Replace the nut and washer on the
(3) Replace the front panel SHORT CIR-
(1) Install the replacement transformer
CUIT CURRENT MA switch knob
in the chassis and reinstall the bolts
and replace the chassis in the case.
that hold it to the chassis.
(2) Reinstall the front panel and the three
front panel screws.
(3) Solder the leads to the transformer
(1) Remove the chassis from the case.
former terminals 1 and 6, and 2 and 7
for 115-volt operation, or between 2
(3) Remove the three screws on the f ront
and 6 for 230-volt operation.
panel and pull the front panel away
from the deck.
(5) Replace the chassis in the case.
Section Il. ADJUSTMENTS
d. If the pointer passes 0, continue clockwise
Adjustment of Meter Pointer
until it is again approaching 0 from the up-
When the power supply has been repaired,
adjust the meter pointer to maintain meter ac-
curacy as follows:
a. Set switch S1 to off.
quired for Alignment
b. Rotate the adjusting screw on the meter
The following chart lists the test equipment
clockwise until the pointer moves upscale and
required for aligning Power Supply PP-3514/U,
then starts downscale toward 0.
and the associated technical manuals and as-
c. Continue clockwise rotation until the
signed common names.
pointer is exactly on 0.
Adjustment of Meter Ml
so that the meter indicates accurately on all
b. To adjust R25, proceed as follows:
(1) Remove the PP-3514/U from the case.
(2) Connect the PP-3514/U to Multime-
ter TS-352/U and 1,000 ohms in series
(3) Set METER RANGE switch S3 to 10
MA and rotate the VOLTAGE AD-
JUST control fully counterclockwise.
(4) Set the power switch to ON.
(5) Adjust the VOLTAGE ADJUST con-