OPERATION OF AUXILIARY EQUIPMENT
Heat protective gloves (supplied
with kit) must be worn when oper-
ating deicing kit.
Ear protection, goggles, and hand
protection (gloves) must be worn
when operating deicing kit.
(3) Put on heat protective gloves
supplied with kit.
(1) If engine is running, shut
can cause injury or damage. Never
(2) Remove cap from engine bleed
air fitting (located on bulkhead in AC
(3) Loosen hose coupling nut (2)
(4) Grasp nozzle securely at hand
hold area (8) and slowly turn shutoff
and remove hose shutoff valve (1).
lever (6) to open position.
(4) Install hose shutoff valve (1)
on engine bleed air fitting.
Keep nozzle at least 8 inches away
(5) Attach hose to hose shutoff
from area being deiced. Slowly
valve (1), and tighten coupling nut hand
move nozzle around area being de-
iced to prevent excessive heat
(6) Attach hose to nozzle shutoff
buildup in one area.
valve (5), and tighten hose coupling nut
(1) Set shutoff lever (6) on noz-
(7) Set shutoff levers (3, 6) to
zle shutoff valve to off position.
(8) Layout hose to remove kinks.
(2) Set shutoff lever (3) on hose
shutoff valve to off position.
(3) Shutdown AGPU and allow at
least five minutes cooldown.
(1) Start AGPU.
(2) Slowly turn shutoff lever (3)
(4) Loosen hose coupling nut (2)
and remove hose (4) from hose shutoff
on hose shutoff valve (1) to open posi-