(b) Remove terminal screw (14,
Make sure that all cables are con-
(6) If removing
nected with correct polarity.
(6) As necessary, connect cables
(5, 6, 7 and 8) to terminal screws (10
and 11) as shown, and secure with wash-
(b) Remove nut (25) and negative
ers (13) and nuts (12).
system cable (8) from ground stud (26).
(7) Assemble halves of terminal
(7) Remove any cable ties or
adapter (1) and secure with two screws
clamps as necessary and remove cable.
(8) Replace any cable ties or
clamps removed in step b.
(1) If terminal adapter (1) is
being replaced, remove two screws (9)
(9) Replace control panel and
and separate terminal halves.
roof, and close electrical tray access
door, as required.
(2) If any cable is being re-
placed, route replacement cable in the
same manner as cable removed.
(3) If replacing slave cable:
Remove all rings, watches and other
(a) Connect positive cable (5)
jewelry when performing maintenance
to screw of positive terminal (22) on
on this equipment.
(b) Connect negative slave cable
(6) to screw of negative terminal (23).
(c) Install washers (21), lock-
washers (20), nuts (19), and rubber
covers (18) on terminal screws.
(4) If replacing positive system
(1) Disconnect battery.
cable (6), install cables on shunt R2
(2) Open electrical tray access
Remove terminal screw (14). In-
stall (in order) on terminal screw,
lockwasher (15), three cables (smaller
cable first), and washer (16).
(3) Pull rubber covers (13, figure
terminal screw into shunt.
(5) If replacing negative system
cable (8), install cables on ground stud
(15), and washers (16). Tag and discon-
Install all cables removed from
nect cables (17 and 19) from terminal
stud (larger cables first) and secure
screws (18 and 20).
with the nut (25).
(5) Remove four screws (21) and
slave receptacle (22).