(5) Check that knob points to
28.5VDC position when turned to full
Remove all rings, watches and other
loosen setscrews, turn knob to 28.5
jewelry when performing maintenance
VDC position, and tighten setscrews.
on this equipment.
Tighten setscrew opposite to knob
(6) Check that wire connections to
switch solder lugs are secure.
(1) Disconnect battery and extend
(2) Loosen two setscrews in switch
(1) Cut and remove lockwire from
speed sensor electrical connector (1).
(3) Tag and unsolder all wires
(2) Disconnect electrical connec-
from terminal lugs on switch (4).
tor from speed sensor (3).
(4) Remove nut (2), lockwasher
(3), and switch (4).
Use care when removing speed sen-
sor, since shim is reusable if not
(3) Remove bolt (2), then remove
The nut (5) against the switch
speed sensor (3) with packing (4) and
body is the switch assembly nut.
shim set (5).
Retain shim set to in-
Do not remove this nut.
stall speed sensor.
(1) Remove nut (2) and lockwasher
(3) from replacement switch (4). If two
nuts remain on switch, remove outer nut.
(1) Inspect sensor housing for
Do not remove switch assembly nut (5).
No dents or cracks
dents and cracks.
(2) Install replacement switch (4)
from underside of tray, and secure with
(2) Inspect connector for bent, or
lockwasher (3) and nut (2).
No bent or damaged pins
(3) Use ID tags and solder wires
(3) Inspect mounting flange for
cracks and distorted mounting holes. No
(4) Position knob (1) on shaft of
cracks or distortion is allowed.
switch (4) so that the setscrew opposite
knob pointer can be tightened against
(4) Inspect shim set (5) for heav-
the flat of switch shaft.
ily marred surfaces and/or separated
setscrew opposite knob pointer first,
laminations. If shim is damaged, dis-
then tighten other setscrew.
card and proceed to step c.(1). If shim
is usable, proceed to step c.(2).