(2) Tag and disconnect lugs (5)
from fuel level sensor (4).
screws (1) and washers
(4) Carefully remove fuel level
sensor (4) from tank. Turn sensor to
ensure sensor arm and float clear tank
(5) Check that float arm moves
freely up and down, and no binding is
(1) Ensure that fuel tank is empty
o r near empty. If tank is not empty,
evident. Replace if damaged or binding
vary smoothly between approximately 35
(2) Tag and disconnect wiring.
ohms (full position) and 240 ohms (empty
(4) Remove low fuel level sensor
(4) from tank.
(1) Clean tank and fuel level sen-
sor (4) interface joint. Remove all
traces of old gasket material.
(3) Carefully install fuel level
sensor (4) in tank mounting hole. Rotate
(1) Clean low fuel level sensor
fuel level sensor to align bolt mounting
(4) to tank interface mounting.
pattern. Ensure fuel level sensor is
correctly positioned to allow up-and-
down movement of the float.
(4) Install screws (1) and washers
(2, 3), and tighten screws securely.
(5) Reconnect lugs (5) to sensor
(5) Install O-ring (8) on low fuel
level sensor (4).
(6) Install low fuel level sensor
(4) in tank mounting hole. Ensure arrow
(7) Check for leaks after tank is
and UP, NC are pointing up.