(2) Solder wire (27) to transducer
(19) for cracks or dents. No cracks or
(1) Loosen clamp (2) to remove
coupler (1). Save clamp for installing
dents are allowed.
(2) Inspect tube assembly (22) and
(2) Remove hose (3) from bulkhead
fitting (16) and elbow (18) for cracks
or bent tubing. Replace if damaged.
elbow (10) by loosening clamp (2). Save
clamp for installing replacement hose.
(1) Disconnect wire (27) from
transducer (19) by unsoldering wire from
(1) To install hose (3), slip
clamp (2) on hose and install hose on
(2) Remove transducer (19) by un-
bulkhead elbow (10). Position clamp and
threading from elbow (18).
(2) To install coupler (l), slip
clamp on hose (3) and install hose on
(1) Thread transducer (19) onto
coupler. Position clamp and tighten se-
MAINTENANCE OF IGNITION SYSTEM
tronic switch in the ECU prevents power
unit, an igniter plug, a starter assem-
until the engine reaches 10% speed dur-
ing the start cycle. Another switch in
bly, control circuits, switches, relays,
the ECU removes power from the ignition
unit when the engine reaches 95% speed.
The ignition unit, figure 4-59, is ener-
vides intermittent high voltage pulses
gized by application of +28 vdc from the
to create a spark across the air gap of
ECU control circuit. Power (+28 vdc) is
The igniter plug
the igniter plug.
applied to an ECU Al driver and limiter
when the ENGINE CONTROL switch is set to
START/RUN positions. Note that an elec-