VENT DRYER (FILTER).
(1) Remove AGPU roof to gain ac-
cess to hydraulic module connector (11).
(1) Open hydraulic filter access
(2) Set MASTER SWITCH on control
(2) Remove tube connector from
fitting (5) on top of vent dryer (4).
Use wrench to hold fitting (5) when
(3) Inspect wiring for damaged in-
sulation and broken wires.
loosening tube connector.
(3) Tilt vent dryer forward and
(4) Inspect harness connector (11,
lift up and out of clamp.
(4) Remove filter retaining rings (9)
and wafer filters (10) from vent dryer acrylic
(1) Repair broken wires by splic-
(5) Pour out and discard desic-
Refer to TM 11-600-1 and TM 11-
(2) If harness repair cannot be
accomplished by simple splicing, notify
(1) If not done previously, fill
vent dryer housing with fresh desiccant
Install wafer filters (10) and re-
taining rings (9). Replace gasket, if disturbed.
(1) Set RESERVOIR SELECT valve
(3) Place vent dryer in position
inside hydraulic module.
(2) Drain oil from the low pres-
(4) Install tube connector on fit-
ting (5) at top of vent dryer (4).
removing drain plug (12).
(5) Close hydraulic filter access
(3) Unscrew filter bowl (13) and
carefully lower it to clear element (15)
which will remain in the filter head
(4) Remove element (15) from low
pressure filter head (16), and remove
and discard packing (14).
Wiring connections between the
hydraulic module and other system
(5) Drain oil from the high pres-
components are provided by the
sure filter bowl (18) by removing drain
AGPU main wiring harness.