2. Remove four special retainer screws (3) from
top bar (4). Remove three special retainer screws (5) from
bottom bar (6). Stow screws in storage chest.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with other ECU.
c. Repositioning ECUs in support frames.
Four people are needed when moving or lifting the Environmental Control Units (ECUs). Each
unit weighs approximately 270 pounds. Trying to move or lift an ECU without sufficient help can
cause serious injury to personnel.
1. Slide ECU (1) off end wall shelf (2).
2. Using lift handles (3) carry thru personnel door (4) and position in floor frame (5).
3. (For shelter P/N 136-0000-101) Slide ECU (6) off side wall shelf (7). For shelter P/N 5-4-2828-1) Slide
ECU (6) off end wall shelf (7A).
4. Using lift handles (3) carry thru cargo door (8) and position in floor frame (9).
2-24 Change 1