A Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious metal
content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate manuals
directives for specific instructions.
c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code which is
used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. Part Number (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means
of its engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range
When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the part ordered.
e. Description and Usable on Code (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following information.
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column (5) for a
f. Qty (Column 6)). Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration figure,
which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column
in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from application to
a. National Stock Number (NSN) Index.
(1) Stock number column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN. When using this column to locate an item, ignore
the first four digits of the NSN. When requisitioning items use the complete NSN (13 digits).
(2) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
illustrations are in numerical sequence in sections II and III.
(3) Item column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent Fig.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. Part Number Index. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphameric
(1) FSCM column. This column lists the Federal supply code for manufacturer (FSCM).
(2) Part number column. This column indicates the part number assigned to the item.
(3) Stock number column. This column lists the National stock number for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the part number and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) Fig. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in sections II
(5) Item column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced
in the adjacent figure number column.
5. Special Information
a. Associated Publications. The publications listed below pertain to the PP-3940B/G and its components:
TM 11-6130-247-14-1, Power Supply 3940A/G
TM 11-6130-247-14-2, Power Supply PP-3940B/G (to be published)
TM 11-6130-247-15, Power Supply PP-3940/G
TM 1l-6130-247-24P, Power Supply PP-3940/G
TM 11-6130-247-24P-1, Power Supply PP-3940A/G
b. National Stock Numbers. National stock numbers (NSN's) that are missing from P source coded items
have been applied for and will be added to this TM by future change/revision when they are entered in the Army
Master Data File (AMDF). Until the NSN's are established and published, submit exception requisitions to:
Commander, US Army Communications-Electronics Command and Fort Monmouth, ATTN: AMSEL-MM,
Fort Monmouth, New Jersey 07703-5006 for the part required to support your equipment.