(4) Route vent tubes (8) through holes in floor
Inspect battery (5) for cracked or broken case.
of battery compartment.
d. Remove vent plug from each cell in top of battery
(5) Connect battery cable terminal adapter (1)
and check electrolyte level. Add distilled water to each
to battery terminal block (7), and secure by turning knob
cell as necessary to bring electrolyte level to bottom of
(15) clockwise. Make sure connection is secure.
split ring. Install all vent plugs securely.
e. Inspect electrical cables (16) for damaged insu-
f. Inspect vent tubes (8) for cracks or splits. Check
Air purges automatically from the reservoir
for proper vent tube routing.
while filling according to the following pro-
cedures. Air purge from hoses, tubing and
hydraulic module components is performed
Clean lead acid battery components with a bak-
ing soda and water solution.
Hydraulic Fluid Fill at RETURN quick discon-
Cleaning of Ni-Cad Battery components use a
nylon brush and a solution of mild vinegar and
(1) Connect reservoir serving unit (tool 18-C)
to RETURN port using quick disconnect adapter (tool
for corrosion, damage, signs of burning, or excessive
(2) Set RESERVOIR select to AGPU, RETURN
BYPASS to BYPASS, and remove plug from reservoir
h. Inspect mounting screw (12) on cable terminal
adapter and mating receptacle (13) on terminal block for
damage or corrosion. Clean screw and receptacle.
(3) Pump reservoir servicing unit until reservoir
is to desired level.
Install battery as follows:
Disconnect reservoir serving unit.
(1) Set battery into battery compartment be-
tween guides (10) with battery terminal block (7) facing
(5) Replace RETURN dust cap and reservoir
out. Attach vent tubes (8) to battery.
breather vent plug.
Place cover (6) on battery.
Wipe up any fluid spillage.
(3) Secure battery cover (6) with tie-down rods
(4), washers (3), and wing nuts (2). Before tightening
wing nuts, check that tie-down rods are vertical.