(3) If component to be replaced is
on TB2 (10 and 11) or TB3 (4 and 5), re-
move battery charger access panel (6,
Remove all rings, watches and other
jewelry when performing maintenance
on this equipment.
Removal and installation proce-
dures are the same for all elec-
trical components installed on
terminal boards. Diode TB1-CR1
(step 3), 8 (steps 4 and 5), 64,
and 82 for test.
(4) Remove two terminal screws (1)
c. Install Terminal Board Electri-
(1). Disconnect battery.
(1) Shape leads of replacement
4-24) and remove
battery charger access
component to match removed component.
(2) Install replacement component
on terminal board and attach with two
terminal boards (2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10
Diodes must be installed
and 11) for obvious damage.
with cathode toward terminal board
identified as cathode.
(4) Replace any cracked or broken
(5) Inspect terminal boards for
The cathode of the diodes may be
security of installation.
identified by a black band (11) or
mounting screws (1 and 7) as required.
a bar (12) at the end of an arrow.
If markings are missing or not
(6) Check that all terminal board
components are installed (see figures
tween diode leads in both direc-
tions before installation. The
b. Remove Terminal Board Electrical
the diode cathode.
d. Remove Resistor R6. (See fig-
(1) Disconnect battery.
(2) If component to be removed is
(step 12) for test.
nect control panel support cable and
lower control panel onto access door.
(1) If necessary for access to nut
(2) Remove battery charger access