(8) Install front axle assembly
(2) Raise rear of tank approxi-
mately ten inches and connect vent hoses
(11) to elbows (12) at each top corner
front rear brake
Install hose section (6) and
t w o hose clamps (5).
c a b l e s and mounting clamp.
T M 55-1730229-12, paragraph 4-115.
section (6) on flange of fuel tank (13).
(3) Install jam nuts (7) on strap
6-3. Fuel Nozzle.
Raise tank and secure to frame
s t u d s with four turnbuckles (8) .
(4) Tighten four turnbuckles (8)
(1) Disconnect fuel line (1) from fuel
t h e n tighten four jam nuts (7) to bottom
of turnbuckles to prevent loosening of
(2) Remove lock wire and remove
three bolts (3), fuel nozzle (4), and gasket (5),
(5) Connect fuel line (3) from el-
b o w (4) to fitting on frame.
(3) Inspect gasket (5) for damage. No
damage is allowed.
(6) Connect wiring to fuel level
(4) inspect fuel nozzle inlet fitting for
s e n s o r (1) and low fuel sensor (2).
d a m a g e d threads, and inspect mounting
flange for dents or deformation, No damage is
(7) Place jack stands under unit
a n d position forklift tubes (17) on jack
(5) Inspect nozzle face for burrs,
Install eight flat washers (19)
nicks, or cracks. No damage is allowed.
Install bolts and flat
on bolts (18).
w a s h e r s through frame lip, two spacers
(6) Inspect nozzle face and fuel
passages for carbon deposits or blockage.
Clean as outlined in paragraph b. if required.
T i q h t e n securely.
6-4 Change 1