(9) When AGPU has been started, set dc power
(a) Three consecutive unsuccessful start
output switch on dc generator to off, and disconnect dc
attempts for a maximum of 30 seconds each are
generator slave cable from slave receptacle.
b. Slave Start From Battery Power.
(b) After three unsuccessful start attempts, a
minimum of 20 minutes off time is required. After
20 minutes, two additional 30-second start attempts
may be made consecutively. After two start attempts,
External 24 vdc battery used to start AGPU
40 minutes off time is required before any additional
in this procedure may be located in another
attempts can be made.
AGPU, a generator set, or other power
source with an electrical (slave) cable that
(c) Six successful starts can be made in a
will mate with AGPU slave receptacle.
one hour period at ten minute intervals. After this
period, one hour off time is required.
(1) On AGPU, perform steps in Pm-start
(6) On AGPU, perform Start Procedure as
(7) When the AGPU has been started, set
If external24 vdc battery power source is
battery output switch on generator set to off position,
from a generator set, ensure that dc power
and disconnect dc power cable from slave receptacle.
output switch on generator is set to off
position at all times when starting from
(2) On generator set, ensure that battery output
switch is set to off position.
If AGPU battery can start the GTE, skip
(3) Connect generator set slave cable to slave
receptacle on AGPU.
a. Use another AGPU, battery cart or 24 VDC
(4) Set battery output switch on generator set to
source, connected to the Slave Start receptacle on the
rear panel of the AGPU. Follow procedures as
b. Once the GTE has been started the AGPU low
Observe the following AGPU starter duty
battery may be charged by the following steps:
cycle when starting from an external
battery, otherwise AGPU starter will
(1) Insert the AGPU DC cable into the
SLAVE START receptacle of the same AGPU.
(5) Observe the following start duty cycle for
(2) Set the CURRENT LIMIT SELECTOR
switch to the DC 200 AMP position.
(3) Set the DC POWER switch to ON.