(4) Engine access door (right
center of AGPU).
a. Remove. (See
(5) Hydraulic filter access door
(located in hydraulic module front
panel, right front of AGPU) .
(1) Remove battery charger access
(6) Hydraulic control panel access
screws (3) and washers (4).
door (located in hydraulic module front
panel, right front of AGPU).
by first removing AC
(7) Pneumatic hose access door
power cable from
(left center of AGPU) .
and then removing
twelve screws (7) and
is located behind a louvered intake
(3) Remove engine access cover
(12) by first opening pneumatic hose
functions as an inertial inlet air par-
access door and removing pneumatic hose,
A cutaway view of the
and then removing twelve screws (10) and
Outside (dirty) air is drawn through air
cleaner tubes mounted in the housing.
(4) Remove hydraulic access cover
(15) by first removing DC power cable
vanes that spin the air, throwing dirt
from storage compartment, and then re-
particles to the walls of the tubes.
moving twelve screws (13) and washers
The dirt is expelled out of openings in
the tubes and is pulled out of the air
cleaner housing by a scavenge air sys-
(5) Remove fuel access cover (18)
The scavenge air system consists
by first removing DC power cable from
of six nozzles mounted in the bottom of
storage compartment, and then removing
the air cleaner housing. A small amount
four screws (16) and washers (17).
of bleed air is routed from the engine
The bleed air is forced through the six
nozzles into six ejector tubes.
effectively creates a partial vacuum in
the housing to eject the dirt particles
(1) Install battery charger access
out of the ejector tubes.
(3) and washers (4).
a . Remove.
and washers (8). Replace AC power cable
Remove lifting eye (6) by unscrewing
in storage compartment.
lifting bolt from frame.
(3) Install engine access cover
(12) with twelve screws (10) and washers
Install lifting eye (6) by threading
Replace pneumatic hose and close
attached bolt into frame.