(4) Disconnect wires from control
As wires are dis-
replace terminal washers,
screws, and nuts to prevent loss.
(5) Remove screws (I), lo&washers
(2), and cable clamps (3).
(1) Layout harness on panel with
wire bundles routed as noted in step
(2) Connect harness wires to con-
(3) Install cable clamps (3) on
Attach clamps to spacers
(4) Replace control panel and mate
control panel harness connectors (6)
with main wiring harness.
wiring and connector repair procedures.
(2) If a diode is defective, cut
(1) Disconnect battery.
defective diode from wire and install
new diode using splices. Install diode
(2) Remove battery charger access
with cathode (black band) toward termi-
Use heat shrink-
nal lug end of wire.
(3) Disconnect main harness con-
able sleeving over diode and splices to
nectors from control panel connectors
IJ5, 1J6, and 1J7.
for splicing instructions.-
(4) Remove four screws (2, figure
4-13), and washers
(3) and lower
panel so that panel is supported by
(1) Disconnect mating connectors
from control panel connectors 1J5, 1J6,
and 1J7 (6).
(5) Remove nut (6) and washer (7)
from support cable (5).
(2) If a work space is available,
remove control panel and move to work
(6) Remove control panel (4).
b. Repair. Replace damaged com-
(3) Note routing of wire bundles
ponents or wiring harness as required.