(2) Insert two mounting screws (6)
through holes in regulator (7), insula-
tor (9), and tray (11).
shoulder washer (5) on each screw with
small end of washer toward tray. Slide
(1) Disconnect battery and extend
washers up on screws and fit small ends
of washers into holes in tray.
sure that screws are not touching tray.
(2) Remove silicon rubber sealant
(3) Install on screws (6) , washer
(4), wire terminal lug (3) (on one screw
only), lockwasher (2), and nut (1).
(3) Unsolder wire from diode ter-
minal lug (9).
wire to either
(4) Remove nut (1), lockwasher
pin (10) on regulator.
(2), wire terminal lug (3), and shoulder
washer (4) from underside of tray. Re-
(5) Apply silicon rubber sealant
move diode (5) and insulator (8) from
(12) to regulators on both sides of
top of tray.
(6) Push lower electrical tray in
and secure with quick release pins.
Removal and installation proce-
dures are the same for power
POWER DIODES (3CR7P-3CR9P).
diodes 3CR7P through 3CR9P. 3CR9P
Remove all rings, watches and other
jewelry when performing maintenance
on this equipment.
The diode case and mounting hard-
ware must be insulated from tray.
Make sure the insulator and shoul-
der washers are properly instal-
(1) Extend lower electrical tray
Items (1) through (4) and (8) are
provided in mounting kit.
(2) Inspect diodes (5, 6, and 7,
(1) Install insulator
place damaged diodes.
mounting stud of diode (5).
(3) Check that diodes are securely
(2) Insert diode mounting stud
mounted. Tighten nuts (1) as required.
through hole in tray.
(4) Check that wire connections to
(3) Install shoulder washer (4) on
diode mounting stud with small end of
diodes are secure.
washer toward tray. Slide washer up on
stud and fit small end of washer into
(5) Check that silicon rubber
hole in tray.
sealant (11) around diodes is not sepa-
mounting stud is not touching tray.
rated from diodes or tray.