(2) Position front brake cable (1)
(2) Remove plastic dust cap (1)
on brake lever assembly (17) and install
from backing plate (2).
pin (9), clamp (8), bolts (7), lock-
shoes for maximum clearance from brake
washers (6), nuts (5) and cotter pin
drum by placing adjusting spoon in slot
located on backing plate.
justing spoon in an upward motion until
(3) Position front brake cable (1)
adjusting assembly will no longer turn.
through hole in L-bracket (12) and in-
stall nut (13).
(3) Mark the drums so they are re-
placed on the same side as removed. Re-
(4) Connect rear brake cables (2,
move brake drum (3) by tapping with a
mallet until drum is loose.
will not break loose by tapping with
mallet, use a wheel puller to remove
(5) Position front brake cable (1)
through cable fixture (4) and install
(4) Remove return spring (4),
washer (5), spring retainers (6),
(6) Install brake assembly in ac-
springs (7), spring retainers (8) and
(7) Install wheel and tire assem-
(5) Remove brake cable (10) from
brake lever (11) compress the brake
cable captive fittings and pull the
brake cables out of the rear wheel back-
ing plates (2).
Do not remove from jack stands.
brake shoes (12) leav-
ing spring (13)
and adjustment assembly
(8) Tighten nut (3) a few turns at
Remove brake link (15)
(14) in place.
a time, checking the rear wheels for
and brake link
free rotation each time. When the cable
has been tightened sufficiently to begin
engaging the rear brakes, loosen the ad-
(7) Remove retainer clip (17), pin
justment nut three full turns. Engage
(18), and washer (19) to remove brake
lever (11) from brake shoes (12).
sure brakes will lock rear wheels.
(9) Raise AGPU.
stands and lower AGPU.
Avoid inhaling dust and residue
from the brake shoe lining. The
linings are made of asbestos, a
known cancer-causing substance.
Cover the mouth and nose with a
(1) Remove rear wheels and tires
fabric mask when cleaning the